lunes, 10 de marzo de 2008

Semester 1

Final project.



Hello, good morning my name is Janette Andrade, I’m from Mexico City and I work for Sanborns Company, I’m a weekend sales representative.

My company is very popular all around the country; because it’s a restaurant and also it has a store where you can find the things you’re looking for. There’s a manager of the restaurant, and another one for the store, and also each department has its own boss. Sanborns is in the catering and selling business.

As I said before, that the store has different departments; it has the toys and candies department, the drugstore, the telecommunications department, the books, and the men’s department. But the company has also another department that is only for hiring new employees, there they select the people that can work in the company, and realize some interviews and exams.

I work in the candies and toys department, but I’m only there at weekends. I have to organize the toys in their places, and serve the chocolates; I can’t receive the money. We start work at 2 o’clock pm and we finish it at 10 o’clock pm. We don’t have lunch at a specific time, we have lunch break at any time, but you only can take 45 minutes. This work is only at weekends so we don’t have holidays, just important days are free.

Sometimes it’s a little bit difficult for me the work, because I go to school in the morning, so on Friday, I wake up at 5:30 am and take a shower, then at6 o’clock after I get dressed, I take a glass of milk and get out to school. I arrive to school at 7 am and take classes, then I return to my house at 1:15 pm more or less and change my clothes, if I have time, I eat something, and walk to my work, I arrive there at 2 o’clock and I start working, I usually take lunch break at 6 o’clock pm. At 10 o’clock pm my brother picks me up and I arrive to my house very tired. I like very much my work, I like being in that department and I also like very much working with my boss, and my partners. I don’t like the manager of the store because he feels better than others and I neither like working with that schedule, because I thing I loose al my day. The obligations that I like are to attend people and to serve the candies, and the ones that I hate are cleaning the display cabinets.

Thank you for your attention. Good bye.

No hay comentarios: