lunes, 10 de marzo de 2008

Linguistic Diary

My English history

Since kinder garden I had had English classes in school. I was in a school called Ovalle Monday, which is a bilingual school, it is also different to other schools because there, we make an extra scholar year called first of English, and during all the elementary school, we have different assignatures in English like spelling, science, social studies, reading comprehention and grammar. I learn how to write things and to understand because we practice with tapes and we also made activities like plays and things like that. When I passed to high school I went to Cristobal colon where I continue learning and in second year, we made the first certificate which I fortunately passed.





My linguistic experiences

I have practiced my English with people from the United States, but here in Mexico. In my church some years ago we went each summer to some trips, and Americans were part of our team. I noticed that I get nervous when talking with someone that I know speaks perfect tht language, but I felt well, I understood almost everything.

Also I have another American friend that is living here and with him, I practiced even more because I was like his translater. I feel more confident with him, maybe because he is only a few years older than me and because he knew how to talk to me to understand him. I’ve never been in another country, so I don’t have practiced an experience like that.

No hay comentarios: